Friday, May 05, 2006

mi-3

Warning... beyond here be spoilers, ye maties!

I just saw Mission Impossible 3 tonight. I haven't been out of the house much since the twins were born (8 months ago already) so just getting to see a movie was nice. The movie was decent--probably better than MI-2. It seemed predictable, but maybe I've just seen too many espionage/spy films in recent history. Sometimes I think the genre has become too obsessed with plot twists, and all too often the plot twist involves the hero's boss being the bad guy.

The action and gadgetry in the movie was especially entertaining, but the best humor came not from the movie but from the people with whom I went. In the movie, there's a scene where Ethan Hunt (Tom Cruise's character) is trying to call out on his cell phone in Shanghai but can't seem to get a signal. My friend Matt leans over to me and says, "You can get a signal in a basement or an elevator in Shanghai. This is the most improbable part of this movie." (It's probably important to note that Matt lived and worked in Singapore and has traveled through much of the Far East.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home